Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Iuka in Tishomingo County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
 

Iuka

 
 
Iuka Marker image. Click for full size.
By Sandra Hughes, January 18, 2012
1. Iuka Marker
Inscription. Chartered in 1857. Often used as military headquarters in the Civil War. Site of one of the South's first normals. Iuka's mineral waters took first prize at St. Louis World's Fair in 1904.
 
Erected 1949 by Mississippi Historical Commission.
 
Location. 34° 48.522′ N, 88° 11.343′ W. Marker is in Iuka, Mississippi, in Tishomingo County. Marker is at the intersection of South Aberdeen Street and East Quiteman Street, on the right when traveling north on South Aberdeen Street. Click for map. Located at entrance to Iuka's Mineral Springs Park. Marker is in this post office area: Iuka MS 38852, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. "Twin Magnolias" (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Tishomingo County Courthouse (about 300 feet away); Church of Our Saviour (approx. 0.2 miles away); Iuka Methodist Church (approx. mile away); Iuka Normal (approx. 0.3 miles away); Patriot William Gray (approx. 0.8 miles away); Brig. Gen. Henry Little (approx. 0.9 miles away); The 11th Ohio Battery (approx. 1.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Iuka.
 
Categories. War, US Civil
 
Iuka Marker image. Click for full size.
By Sandra Hughes, January 18, 2012
2. Iuka Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 380 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement