Bath in Sagadahoc County, Maine — The American Northeast (New England)
Mill & Joiner Shop (1899)
In 1909, the shed addition on the north side provided more lumber storage and a place for the schooners' small boats to be built.
[Background photo caption reads]
The mill's lumber ramp and interior can be seen under the bowsprit of the 4-masted schooner Florence M. Penley, launched in 1903.
Erected by Maine Maritime Museum.
Location. 43° 53.683′ N, 69° 48.998′ W. Marker is in Bath, Maine, in Sagadahoc County. Click for map. Marker is on the grounds of the Maine Maritime Museum, 243 Washington Street. Marker is in this post office area: Bath ME 04530, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Transformer House (1909) (a few steps from this marker); Site of the Blacksmith Shop (1897, 1913) (within shouting distance of this marker); Shipyard Owner's Home (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the South Ways (ca. 1867) Site of the North Ways (1901) (within shouting distance of this marker); Wyoming Sculpture (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Mould Loft (1917) (about 300 feet away); The Pitch Oven (1902) (about 300 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Bath.
More about this marker. The Maine Maritime Museum is on the grounds of the former Percy & Small Shipyard, which was the last remaining intact wooden sailing vessel shipyard in the United States.
Also see . . . Maine Maritime Museum. (Submitted on January 30, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 350 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 5. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.