Fort Collins in Larimer County, Colorado — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Donated Land for the Agricultural College
(Colorado State University)
1877 • Pioneers • 1916
In memory of the men
who donated the land
Location. 40° 34.617′ N, 105° 4.673′ W. Marker is in Fort Collins, Colorado, in Larimer County. Marker is on Old Main Drive near S College Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Located opposite Spruce Hall, Colorado State University campus. Marker is at or near this postal address: 150 Old Main Drive, Fort Collins CO 80524, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Elwood Mead (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Historic Fort Collins Weather Station (approx. 0.4 miles away); Antoine Janis Cabin (approx. 0.6 miles away); Auntie Stone Cabin (approx. 0.6 miles away); Carnegie Library (approx. 0.6 miles away); Blunck House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Mosman House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Lone Tree School (approx. 11 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Collins.
Regarding Donated Land for the Agricultural College. In 1871, Robert Dazell deeded 30 acres of land for a college site,
on Sept. 1, 1879, President Elijah Evan Edwards welcomed the institution's first five students.
Also see . . . The Story of Colorado State University. ...charts the evolution of the institution from its humble beginnings to its current stature as leader in higher education in the state, nation and world. (Submitted on February 1, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Agriculture • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 518 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.