Lewistown in Mifflin County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
building served as the third seat
of county government from
1843 to 1981
This property has been
placed on the
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Erected by Downtown Lewistown, Inc.
Location. 40° 35.853′ N, 77° 34.494′ W. Marker is in Lewistown, Pennsylvania, in Mifflin County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Market Street, on the left when traveling north on Main Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 West Market Street, Lewistown PA 17044, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mifflin County (here, next to this marker); Montgomery Ward Building (a few steps from this marker); Mifflin County Civil War Soldiers and Sailors Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Wollner Building (within shouting distance of this marker); McCoy Home (within shouting distance of this marker); Masonic Temple Building Coleman House (within shouting distance of this marker); WMRF (within shouting distance of this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Lewistown.
Also see . . . Mifflin County (PA) Historical Society. (Submitted on February 9, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 268 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.