Santa Clara in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Carmelite Monastery – Bond Ranch
Point of Historical Interest No. 2
Purchased by U.S. Senator James d. Phelan in 1913.
Jack London, a frequent visitor, used the ranch as the starting locale for his famous novel “Call of the Wild” and Marshall Bond’s dog for the hero of the book.
Erected 1970 by Santa Clara Historical and Landmark Commission. (Marker Number 2.)
Location. 37° 20.87′ N, 121° 57.128′ W. Marker is in Santa Clara, California, in Santa Clara County. Marker is on Lincoln Street south of Benton Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1000 Lincoln Street, Santa Clara CA 95050, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. “Cowboy Jim” Donovan (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Kiely House (about 700 feet away); Mission Santa Clara Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Morgan House (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Fatjo House (approx. ¼ mile away); Elim Community Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Downtown Santa Clara (approx. 0.3 miles away); Robert Menzel House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Santa Clara.
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music • Churches, Etc. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 571 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.