La Grange in Fayette County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of a Twin Blockhouse
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 5580.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 29° 54.394′ N, 96° 52.819′ W. Marker is in La Grange, Texas, in Fayette County. Marker is on North Main Street north of West Lafayette Street, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. North of railroad crossing on west side of the street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 385 N Main St, La Grange TX 78945, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Dawson Expedition / Historic Oak Tree (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fayette County Courthouse (about 700 feet away); Birthplace of the SPJST (about 700 feet away); The Dawson Memorial (about 800 feet Hermes House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The First U.S. Postal Rural Mail Route in Texas (approx. 0.2 miles away); Beer Office and Bottling Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bradshaw-Killough House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in La Grange.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 521 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.