Fort Scott in Bourbon County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
The Little White House
The miniature house was built in 1927 by the park caretaker, E.V. Kelly. It was one of his many winter projects. He traveled to Mapleton, Kansas to find the perfect rocks for the walls.
His daughters, Nadine and Jenny, spent many enjoyable hours making curtains and playing with the house.
Through the years, the doll sized house has brought delight to many visitors.
Erected by City of Fort Scott.
Location. 37° 49.764′ N, 94° 43.178′ W. Marker is in Fort Scott, Kansas, in Bourbon County. Marker can be reached from Park Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in Gunn Park, near the entrance off Park Avenue, about 500 feet west of Heylman Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1010 Park Avenue, Fort Scott KS 66701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Normal Victory Bell (approx. ¾ mile away); In Honored Memory (approx. 0.9 miles away); Fort Scott Spanish American War Memorial (approx. 0.9 miles away); Memorial Hall (approx. one mile away); Fort Scott Civil War Memorial Site of Fort Henning (approx. one mile away); Moody Building (approx. one mile away); Richards Building (approx. one mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Scott.
Also see . . .
1. Gunn Park, City of Fort Scott. (Submitted on March 7, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Gunn Park. (Submitted on March 7, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Entertainment • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 421 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.