Easton in Leavenworth County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Easton Methodist Church
The first Class of the Easton Methodist Church was started in 1858 by a circuit rider. Rev. W. Marlott was the first pastor assigned in 1862. In 1869 stone was quarried from a hillside one mile west of Easton to build the present church and the hall was added in 1926.
Erected 1984 by Leavenworth County Historical Society.
Location. 39° 20.705′ N, 95° 7.158′ W. Marker is in Easton, Kansas, in Leavenworth County. Marker is at the intersection of Riley Street (Kansas Route 192) and 4th Street, on the right when traveling west on Riley Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Easton KS 66020, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Historic Fort Leavenworth (approx. 6.3 miles away); Lewis Allison Curry, M. D. (approx. 8.1 miles away); Lieutenant John L. Grattan (approx. 10.1 miles away); Samuel Turner Shepperd (approx. 10.1 miles away); Lincoln's Gettysburg Address (approx. 10.1 miles away); Edward Hatch (approx. 10.1 miles away); Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery (approx. 10.2 miles away); Henry Leavenworth (approx. 10.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Leavenworth County Historical Society (Submitted on March 7, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 317 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.