Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Subsequently, car 25 found itself with trailer cars 407 and 411 being utilized as farm or ranch housing. Once Eagle Mountain Lake was established, these cars were effectively a lake house arranged like the letter U. At some point in time they were covered with a roof and enclosed on several sides helping to protect them.
In 1995, the landowner Mitzi McWilliams, donated cars 25 and 411 to the Fort Worth Transportation Authority (the T). Two full time employees and a host of volunteers have restored the cars using a $220,000
Location. 32° 45.144′ N, 97° 19.569′ W. Marker is in Fort Worth, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Jones Street and East 9th Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Located in the Ft. Worth Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC) Station. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1001 Jones St, Fort Worth TX 76102, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. African-American History (a few steps from this marker); JFK (approx. 0.2 miles away); Grand United Order of Odd Fellows, Lodge No. 2144 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cynthia Ann Parker and Native Americans of North Texas (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mt. Gilead Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); General William Jenkins Worth (approx. 0.2 miles away); Flying Machines (approx. ¼ mile away); Flatiron Building (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Worth.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 357 times since then and 70 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.