East Norwalk in Fairfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
commemorates the purchase from the aboriginal inhabitants, made
February 26, 1640-1, by
Deputy-Governor of the Colony of Connecticut,
framer of its first Code of Laws, and Founder of Norwalk,
of “All the lands, meadows, pasturinge, trees, whatsoever there is, and grounds betweene the twoe rivers, the one called Norwalke, the other Soakatuck, to the middle of sayed rivers, from the sea a days walke into the country.”
Location. 41° 5.726′ N, 73° 23.945′ W. Marker is in East Norwalk, Connecticut, in Fairfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Gregory Blvd. and Marvin Street, in the median on Gregory Blvd.. Click for map. Marker is located in the middle of a traffic circle. Marker is in this post office area: Norwalk CT 06855, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Marvin Property (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fitch’s Point (approx. 0.3 miles away); A Habitat Renewed (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Birds (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mill Pond History Taylor Farm Park (approx. 0.6 miles away); Norwalk Founded (approx. 0.7 miles away); A Calf Pasture Primer (approx. 0.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in East Norwalk.
More about this marker. Monument is made of Quincy granite and contains a bronze plaque of a relief image of Roger Ludlow trading beads with a group of Indians.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 725 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.