Oldtown in Forsyth County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Pottery Dependency 1756
"Br. Aust burned stove tiles, and when they were ready he set up stoves in the Gemeinhaus and the Brothers House, probably the first in Carolina."
Bethabara Diary, November of 1756.
Erected by Historic Bethabara Park.
Location. 36° 9.31′ N, 80° 17.9′ W. Marker is in Oldtown, North Carolina, in Forsyth County. Marker can be reached from Bethabara Road, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Located in Historic Bethabara Park. Marker is in this post office area: Winston Salem NC 27106, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Flour Bin 1758 (a few steps from this marker); The Brothers House 1755 (a few steps from this marker); Bastion 1756 (a few steps from this marker); Pottery Shop Addition between 1763-1766 (a few steps from this marker); Vorsteher's House 1758 Family House 1758 (within shouting distance of this marker); Locksmith and Gunsmith Shop 1759 (within shouting distance of this marker); Bell House (within shouting distance of this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Oldtown.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 215 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.