Fulton in Aransas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Home of George W. Fulton
George W. Fulton
Born at Philadelphia, June 8, 1810
Served in the Texan Army in 1836
A pioneer resident of Refugio County
After an engineering career
of distinction elsewhere,
he returned to Texas and
became a cattle baron
Died October 31, 1893
The town of Fulton bears his name
Erected 1936 by The State of Texas. (Marker Number 2537.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 28° 3.438′ N, 97° 2.063′ W. Marker is in Fulton, Texas, in Aransas County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Henderson Street and Fulton Beach Road, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Located just inside the grounds from the parking lot. Marker is at or near this postal address: 317 Fulton Beach Rd, Rockport TX 78382, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fulton Mansion (here, next to this marker); Fulton Seafood Industry (approx. 0.3 miles away); Tourist Courts and Cottages (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fulton Harbor Site of Marion Packing Co. (approx. half a mile away); Fulton Community Church (approx. half a mile away); Fulton Packeries (approx. half a mile away); Fulton (approx. 0.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fulton.
Also see . . . Fulton Mansion State Historical Site. Texas Historical Commission (Submitted on March 20, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 497 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.