Rockport in Aransas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
from Refugio County;
Organized in 1871 with
Rockport as the County Seat.
Named for the River
Nuestra Señora de Aranzazu
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 180.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 28° 1.796′ N, 97° 2.818′ W. Marker is in Rockport, Texas, in Aransas County. Marker is at the intersection of Broadway Street (Texas Route 35) and East Orleans Street, in the median on Broadway Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Rockport TX 78382, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rockport (here, next to this marker); The Big Blue Crab (approx. 0.2 miles away); First National Bank of Rockport (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hoopes-Smith House (approx. ¼ mile away); Rockport’s Harbor (approx. ¼ mile away); Fulton-Bruhl House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Woman’s Club of Aransas County Building (approx. 0.3 miles away); Bracht House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Rockport.
Also see . . . Texas State Historical Association page on Aransas County (Submitted on November 29, 2015, by Michael Heinich of Austin, Texas.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 432 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.