Rockport in Aransas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
(June 14, 1886–November 29, 1973)
Erected 1990 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1041.)
Location. 28° 2.148′ N, 97° 2.527′ W. Marker is in Rockport, Texas, in Aransas County. Marker is on Broadway Street north of Rath Street (Business Texas Highway 35), on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Located in a small parking area on Aransas Bay. Marker is at or near this postal address: Broadway Street, Rockport TX 78382, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Aransas County (approx. half a mile away); Rockport (approx. half a mile away); The Big Blue Crab (approx. 0.7 Baldwin-Brundrett House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Rockport Cemetery (approx. 0.7 miles away); First National Bank of Rockport (approx. 0.7 miles away); Rockport’s Harbor (approx. ¾ mile away); First Baptist Church of Rockport (approx. ¾ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Rockport.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Also see . . . Connie Hagar: Her life and contributions. (Submitted on March 20, 2012.)
Categories. • Animals • Environment •
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 630 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.