London in Madison County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First White Settlers of Madison County
the first white settlers
of Madison County,
the first of whom was
1795 - 1815
Erected by Captain Jonathan Alder Chapter, N.S.U.S. Daughters of 1812.
Location. 39° 53.196′ N, 83° 26.961′ W. Marker is in London, Ohio, in Madison County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Ohio Route 68) and High Street (U.S. 42), on the left when traveling north on Main Street. Click for map. Marker is near the main entrance to the county courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 North Main Street, London OH 43140, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Madison County World War Roll of Honor (here, next to this marker); War Savings Stamps (a few steps from this marker); Madison County Veterans’ War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Alder Cabin (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Anderson House (approx. 4.1 miles away); Red Brick Tavern (approx. 4.2 miles away); Somerford Veterans Memorial (approx. 5 miles away); Four Chaplains Memorial (approx. 5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in London.
Related markers. list of markers that are related to this marker.
Also see . . . Jonathan Alder. (Submitted on March 25, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Patriots & Patriotism • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 415 times since then and 82 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.