Ivanhoe in Bulloch County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old River Road
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 016-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 17.14′ N, 81° 28.21′ W. Marker is in Ivanhoe, Georgia, in Bulloch County. Marker is at the intersection of Georgia Route 119 and Turner Road, on the left when traveling west on State Route 119. Click for map. The marker is approximately 1/4 mile east of the intersection of GA 119 with GA 119-C. Marker is in this post office area: Brooklet GA 30415, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the Guyton Confederate General Hospital (approx. 5.5 miles away); Pilgrim Missionary Baptist Normal and Industrial Institute (approx. 5.7 miles away); a different marker also named Old River Road (approx. 6.4 miles away); Jencks Bridge (approx. 7.2 miles away); Sherman's Right Wing (approx. 8.3 miles away); Sherman at Zion Church (approx. 8.4 miles away); John Abbot (1751-1839) (approx. 8.4 miles away); a different marker also named Sherman's Right Wing (approx. 9.1 miles away).
The Bulloch County Sheriff's Office is investigating the theft of this marker as of Jan 28, 2015.
— Submitted January 30, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.
Categories. • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 474 times since then and 86 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.