Canton in Van Zandt County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Van Zandt County Courthouse
Erected 1999 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12270.)
Location. 32° 33.378′ N, 95° 51.783′ W. Marker is in Canton, Texas, in Van Zandt County. Marker is on East Dallas Street (State Highway 64) east of South Buffalo Street (State Route 198), on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Medallion & plate mounted on the courthouse building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 121 E Dallas St, Canton TX 75103, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this Site of 1896 Van Zandt County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Oran Milo Roberts (a few steps from this marker); Caldwell Walton Raines (a few steps from this marker); John H. Reagan (a few steps from this marker); Hillcrest Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brady P. Gentry (approx. 10.6 miles away); The Free State of Van Zandt (approx. 10.7 miles away); Battle of the Neches (approx. 10.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Canton.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 338 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on October 20, 2016.