Near Claxton in Evans County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Sunbury Road
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 054-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 16.051′ N, 82° 1.232′ W. Marker is near Claxton, Georgia, in Evans County. Marker is at the intersection of Georgia Route 129 and Thrift Lane (County Route 58), on the right when traveling south on State Route 129. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Claxton GA 30417, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Oliff, Rushing, Durrence House (approx. 4.9 miles away); Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church Old Sunbury Road (approx. 7.2 miles away); Bellville (approx. 8.4 miles away); Croatan Indian Community (approx. 8.6 miles away); Candler County Courthouse (approx. 9.3 miles away); Candler County (approx. 9.3 miles away); American Legion Armed Forces Tribute (approx. 9.3 miles away).
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 292 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.