Kents Store in Fluvanna County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Fluvanna County / Goochland County
Area 285 Square Miles
Formed in 1777 from Albemarle. Named (in Latin) Anne's River, the early name for the upper James given in honor of Queen Anne. Point of Fork was an important supply depot in 1781.
Area 287 Square Miles
Formed in 1727 from Henrico, and named for William Gooch, Governor of Virginia, 1727-1749. Cornwallis and Lafayette passed through this county in 1781.
Erected 1928 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number Z 25.)
Location. 37° 54.238′ N, 78° 3.988′ W. Marker is in Kents Store, Virginia, in Fluvanna County. Marker is on Three Notch Road (U.S. 250) west of Three Chopt Road (Virginia Route 653), on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Kents Store VA 23084, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Campaign of 1781 (approx. 3.2 miles away); Historic Louisa (approx. 8.9 miles away); John Mercer Langston Birthplace (approx. 9 miles away); Patrick Henry's Home Louisa Court House (approx. 9 miles away); Oakland Cemetery (approx. 9.1 miles away); Decisive Confederate Victory (approx. 9.1 miles away); Hugh Hammond Bennett (1881-1960) (approx. 9.2 miles away).
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 326 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.