Richmond Hill in Bryan County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 2012 by Coastal Bryan Heritage Trail.
Location. 31° 56.5′ N, 81° 18.392′ W. Marker is in Richmond Hill, Georgia, in Bryan County. Marker is at the intersection of Henry Ford Avenue (Georgia Route 144) and Hill Street, on the right when traveling south on Henry Ford Avenue. Click for map. The Community House is now the Carter Funeral Home. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10512 Ford Avenue, Richmond Hill GA 31324, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Martha-Mary Chapel (within shouting distance of this marker); Henry Ford at Richmond Hill (approx. 0.2 miles away); J. F. Gregory Robert E. Lee (approx. ¼ mile away); Ways Station (approx. ¼ mile away); Canaan Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); The "Bottom" Village (approx. half a mile away); Rice Cultivation on the Ogeechee (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Richmond Hill.
Regarding Community House. The Community House was copied from Cottenham Plantation, an old home on southern Bryan Neck, acquired by Henry Ford in 1935. Some stories say that materials from Cottenham were used in building Community House.
Additional keywords. Henry Ford
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 453 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.