Weatherford in Parker County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Parker County, C.S.A.
Erected 1964 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3941.)
Location. 32° 45.536′ N, 97° 47.869′ W. Marker is in Weatherford, Texas, in Parker County. Marker is at the intersection of Palo Pinto Street (U.S. 180) and South Maine Street (Texas Highway 171) when traveling east on Palo Pinto Street. Click for map. Not far west of Fort Worth, in Weatherford in front of one of the top 3 most beautiful courthouses in Texas. A Confederate veterans monument stands nearby. Marker is at or near this postal address: One Courthouse Square Weatherford, TX, Weatherford TX 76086, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Franco-Texan Land Company Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); James Claude Wright House (about 700 feet away); Old City Greenwood Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Dean of Texas Trail Drivers Oliver Loving (1812 - 1867) (approx. 0.4 miles away); August 17, 1945 B-29 Crash (approx. 1.3 miles away); Grace First Presbyterian Church (approx. 1.4 miles away); Clark Cemetery (approx. 7.6 miles away); Bankhead Highway in Aledo (approx. 11.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Weatherford.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Zacharias Beau T of Alpine, Texas. This page has been viewed 655 times since then and 32 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on , by Zacharias Beau T of Alpine, Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?