Charleston in Charleston County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
John H. Kornahrens,
soda water manufacturer
who used timber from
an original house on the lot
built circa 1772 by
John Delke', a tanner.
Owned and occupied since 1925
by Edward Leon Guenveur, Sr.,
a plumbing contractor
and his family.
Restored in 1972 by his daughter, Louise
and her husband, Wm. A. Streat, Jr. Architect.
Erected by Approved by Preservation Society of Charleston.
Marker series. This marker is included in the South Carolina, Preservation Society of Charleston marker series.
Location. 32° 46.981′ N, 79° 56.311′ W. Marker is in Charleston, South Carolina, in Charleston County. Marker is on Coming Street, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Located between George and Bull Streets. Marker is at or near this postal address: 57 Coming Street, Charleston SC 29401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cameron House (within shouting distance of this marker); William Blacklock House (within shouting distance of this marker); Nine College Way (about 300 feet away, measured Benjamin Lucas House (about 400 feet away); College of Charleston (about 500 feet away); Elizabeth Jackson (about 600 feet away); President's House (about 800 feet away); Bethel Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Charleston.
Also see . . . The Buildings of Charleston: A Guide to the City's Architecture. By Jonathan H. Poston, Historic Charleston Foundation page 520 (Submitted on April 16, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 315 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.