Milford in New Haven County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
1740 – 1807
Erected by Milford Preservation Trust.
Location. 41° 13.575′ N, 73° 3.029′ W. Marker is in Milford, Connecticut, in New Haven County. Marker is at the intersection of Gulf Street and Cherry Street, on the right when traveling south on Gulf Street. Click for map. Located in Milford Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Milford CT 06460, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. George W. Baird (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Early Post Office Site Memorial to Three Milford Men (approx. 0.3 miles away); Jefferson Bridge (approx. 0.4 miles away); Milford Memorial Stone Bridge (approx. 0.4 miles away); Arctic Engine Co. No. 1 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Home Site of Robert Treat (approx. 0.4 miles away); Milford Remembers (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Milford.
Also see . . . Peter Pond on Wikipedia. (Submitted on April 22, 2012, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Exploration •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 373 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.