Elba in Coffee County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Site of Curtis School
Early 1900’s to 1967
E. C. Griffin served as the last principal. Other principals included R. L. Farris, F. T. Waldon, D. B. Nelson, J. E. Cheatum, and C. M. Byrd.
Erected 1989 by Curtis Alumni and Friends.
Location. 31° 23.765′ N, 86° 9.373′ W. Marker is in Elba, Alabama, in Coffee County. Marker is on Alabama Route 141, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Elba AL 36323, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First United Methodist Church (approx. 5.4 miles away); Folsom Estate (approx. 5.4 miles away); Folsom Birthplace (approx. 5.4 miles away); Historic Court Square (approx. City of Elba (approx. 5.5 miles away); The Depot / Opp, Alabama (approx. 9.9 miles away); Wellborn (approx. 10.6 miles away); Arwood School Site (approx. 11.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Elba.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David J Gaines of Pinson, Alabama. This page has been viewed 551 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David J Gaines of Pinson, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.