“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Windsor in Sonoma County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)

Shiloh Cemetery

Shiloh Cemetery Plaque image. Click for full size.
By Loren Wilson, June 22, 2007
1. Shiloh Cemetery Plaque
Inscription. Shiloh Cemetery has long been a place of rest. The first recorded burial took place in the shadow of the area’s Methodist Church in October 1850. The church burned in 1867 and was relocated to Windsor, leaving the cemetery uncared for. In 1885 a maintenance association was formed but into the 20th century burials happened haphazardly. In 1937 voters authorized a cemetery district and the cemetery was surveyed in 1940. Since the 1950’s the district has made many improvements with consideration given to retaining the history of the cemetery. This is the final resting place of several Brothers of ECV, including Jerry Barndt, widely known in the Bay Area as Emperor Norton II.
Erected 2005 by Sam Brannan Chapter #1004 and Yerba Buena Chapter #1 E Clampus Vitus.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 38° 31.538′ N, 122° 48.898′ W. Marker is in Windsor, California, in Sonoma County. Marker can be reached from Windsor Road north of Shiloh Road, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. The plaque is mounted on a memorial wall in the center of the Santa Rosa Memorial Park - Shiloh Addition. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7130 Windsor Road, Windsor CA 95492, United States of America.
Other nearby markers.
Shiloh Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
By Loren Wilson, June 22, 2007
2. Shiloh Cemetery Marker
At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Walters Ranch Hop Kiln (approx. 3 miles away); Harmon Gregg Heald (approx. 6.6 miles away); Isaac De Turk 1843 - 1896 (approx. 7.6 miles away); Santa Rosa Rural Cemetery (approx. 7.7 miles away); Lee Bros. Building - 1906 (approx. 8 miles away); Luther Burbank Home (approx. 8.3 miles away); Hogan Building (approx. 8.6 miles away); Freestone House (approx. 11.9 miles away).
More about this marker. On this marker the organization's name is spelled "Clampsus" which is an early (mid 1800's) spelling.
Additional comments.
1. Additional Information Regarding the Marker Dedication
Dan Klassen was Noble GrandHumbug when this plaque was dedicated. Plaque wording by Loren A. Wilson
    — Submitted April 23, 2012, by Loren Wilson of Sebastopol, California.

Categories. Cemeteries & Burial Sites
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Loren Wilson of Sebastopol, California. This page has been viewed 481 times since then and 97 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Loren Wilson of Sebastopol, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Full view of the cemetery. • Photo of the grave site of Jerry Barndt. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement