Near Lakeland in Lanier County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Land donated by Jesse Carter
Union Primitive Baptist Church
Constituted October 1, 1825
Burnt and rebuilt 1854
Known thereafter as Burnt Church
Restored April 1998
Project Manager M. A. Studstill, Jr.
Given by the Carter Family
Joe P., Patricia, and Carol
In Memory of J. Perry Carter, Sr.
Great-Grandson of Jesse Carter
Erected by The Carter Family.
Location. 31° 1.479′ N, 83° 2.921′ W. Marker is near Lakeland, Georgia, in Lanier County. Marker is on Burnt Church Road 0.7 miles east of College Street (Route 135), on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Burnt Church Road is just south of the Lakeland City Limits sign on College Avenue. Marker is in this post office area: Lakeland GA 31635, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Union Church Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Union Baptist Church (approx. one mile away); Fender Cemetery (approx. 1.8 miles away); Lanier County (approx. Home of Governor E. D. Rivers (approx. 2.7 miles away); Joshua Lee (approx. 2.9 miles away); First Court in Clinch County (approx. 10.4 miles away); Bethany Baptist Church (approx. 11.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lakeland.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,711 times since then and 12 times this year. Last updated on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.