Nashville in Davidson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Meharry Medical College
Erected 1969 by The Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County. (Marker Number 19.)
Location. 36° 10.061′ N, 86° 48.363′ W. Marker is in Nashville, Tennessee, in Davidson County. Marker is at the intersection of Dr. D. B. Todd, Jr. Blvd. and Meharry Blvd, on the right when traveling south on Dr. D. B. Todd, Jr. Blvd.. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1005 Dr. D.B. Todd Jr. Blvd., Nashville TN 37208, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Donley Harold Turpin, D. D. S. (within shouting distance of this marker); Academic Building At Fisk University (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hulda Margaret Lyttle (about 300 feet away); Talley-Brady Hall (about 300 feet away); Thomas W. Talley Jubilee Hall (about 500 feet away); Cravath Hall (about 500 feet away); The Little Theatre (about 600 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Nashville.
Also see . . . Meharry Medical College Official Website. Meharry Medical College was founded in 1876 as the Medical Department of Central Tennessee College of Nashville, under the auspices of the Freedman's Aid Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1900, Central Tennessee College became Walden University, and by 1915 the College gained a separate corporate existence from the university. (Submitted on December 17, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Categories. • African Americans • Education • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by R. E. Smith of Nashville, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 1,820 times since then and 15 times this year. Last updated on , by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by R. E. Smith of Nashville, Tennessee. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.