Cortlandt Manor in Westchester County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Baptist Church. Became one-
room school in 1814. In
continuous use until 1935,
and from 1952 to 1972.
Erected 2004 by Van Cortlandt Historical Society.
Location. 41° 18.74′ N, 73° 54.02′ W. Marker is in Cortlandt Manor, New York, in Westchester County. Marker is on Locust Avenue, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cortlandt Manor NY 10567, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Van Cortlandtville School (a few steps from this marker); Old St. Peters (within shouting distance of this marker); Pomeroy (within shouting distance of this marker); 160th Anniversary of St. Peterís (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Saint Peterís Episcopal Church (about 500 feet away); Site of St. Peterís Church (about 500 feet away); French Soldiers of the Revolutionary War (about 600 feet away); Heroes of the American Revolution (about 600 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Cortlandt Manor.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 274 times since then and 38 times this year. Last updated on , by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.