Cortlandt Manor in Westchester County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of St. Peterís Church
This stone and tablet has been erected by the Cornelia Beekman Chapter Jr. Sons and Daughters of the Revolution November 28, 1914, with the consent of the rector, wardens and the vestrymen of St. Peterís Church, to mark the place where this original St. Peterís Church has stood ever since it was consecrated August 9, 1767.
Erected 1914 by Jr. Sons and Daughters of the Revolution - Cornelia Beekman Chapter.
Location. 41° 18.83′ N, 73° 54.017′ W. Marker is in Cortlandt Manor, New York, in Westchester County. Marker is at the intersection of Oregon Road and Locust Avenue, on the right when traveling east on Oregon Road. Click for map. Marker is located in front of Old St. Peterís Church in Hillside Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Cortlandt Manor NY 10567, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. French Soldiers of the Revolutionary War (here, next to this marker); Heroes of the American Revolution (here, next to this marker); 160th Anniversary of St. Peterís (here, next to this marker); Old Saint Peterís Episcopal Church (a few steps from this marker); Old Cemetery Seth Pomeroy & Jeremiah Drake (within shouting distance of this marker); Saint Peterís Churchyard & Old Van Cortlandtville Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Pomeroy (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line). Click for a list of all markers in Cortlandt Manor.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 374 times since then and 3 times this year. Last updated on , by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.