Indianapolis in Marion County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Civil War Arsenal 1861 - 1864
Erected 1964 by Erected by the Indiana Civil War Centennial Commission, (1963). (Marker Number 49.1964.1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers marker series.
Location. 39° 46.124′ N, 86° 9.714′ W. Marker is in Indianapolis, Indiana, in Marion County. Marker is at the intersection of North Capitol Avenue and West Market Street, on the right when traveling south on North Capitol Avenue. Click for map. Located at the East Entrance of the Indiana State House - on the right side in Indianapolis, Indiana. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 West Washington Street, Indianapolis IN 46204, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Oliver Perry Morton (a few steps from this marker); The Lincoln Funeral Train (within shouting distance of this marker); State Capitol (within shouting distance of this marker); Thomas Andrews Hendricks Indiana State House (about 600 feet away); 1907 Indiana Eugenics Law (about 600 feet away); The National Road (about 600 feet away); Indianapolis Times (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Indianapolis.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 585 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.