Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Glendale in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Doctors House

 
 
Doctors House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
1. Doctors House Marker
Inscription. The doctors house, a Glendale landmark, is named for the three prominent physicians Dr. G.V. Bogue, Dr. D.W. Hunt, and Dr. A.L. Bryant, and for DR. L.H. Hurtt chemist who made it their home. One of the few remaining residences of Queen Anne Eastlake style of architecture in Glendale, it was originally located on the northwest corner of Wilson and Belmont. When a permit was issued for its demolition in 1979, a successful rescue effort was initiated by Councilman John F. Day. The Glendale Historical Society then organized to assume responsibility, moved the house to this site in 1980, and began the process of painstaking restoration with the generous assistance of numerous other Glendale organizations, businesses and concerned individuals. The resulting museum, a unique asset to our community, provides a looking glass into a way of life now lost in time, but not in fond memory.
 
Location. 34° 11.012′ N, 118° 16.639′ W. Marker is in Glendale, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker is on West Mountain Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. The marker and house are located in Brank Park next to the Library. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1601 West Mountain Avenue, Glendale CA 91201, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5
Doctors House and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
2. Doctors House and Marker
miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Miss American Green Cross (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); El Miradero (about 600 feet away); Burbank's First City Hall (approx. 1.7 miles away); Burbank City Hall (approx. 1.8 miles away); Story Hardware (approx. 1.8 miles away); Burbank Post Office (approx. 1.9 miles away); Special Delivery (approx. 2.4 miles away); Portal of the Folded Wing (approx. 4.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Glendale.
 
Also see . . .  The Glendale Historical Society. (Submitted on May 28, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California.)
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Doctors House image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
3. Doctors House
Doctors House image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
4. Doctors House
Doctors House Gazebo image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
5. Doctors House Gazebo
Doctors House Markers image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
6. Doctors House Markers
Various plaques of City Councilmen, Benefactors, Restoration Volunteer, and etc.
Doctors House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
7. Doctors House Marker
The Doctors House Constructed in 1888 Moved to present site 1980 Historical Glendale Landmark
Doctors House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
8. Doctors House Marker
Doctor House Kiosk image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
9. Doctor House Kiosk
Doctors House Sign image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
10. Doctors House Sign
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 381 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. submitted on , by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement