Panhandle in Carson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Nearby is site of first oil well in area, drilled 1921. Also nearby, Pantex Farms of Texas Technological University, on site of World War II Ordnance Plant.
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3926.)
Location. 35° 20.543′ N, 101° 22.724′ W. Marker is in Panhandle, Texas, in Carson County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street and Broadway Street (Texas Route 207), on the right when traveling south on South Main Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 117 South Main Street, Panhandle TX 79068, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Texan Hotel (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Atchison, Topeka, & Santa Fe Railroad Depot (about 500 feet away); Conway Community Church Carson County (approx. ¼ mile away); The Square House (approx. ¼ mile away); Texas Panhandle Pioneers: The Simms Brothers (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pioneer Dugout (approx. 0.3 miles away); Eclipse Windmill Patented 1867 (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Panhandle.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 229 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.