East Falls Church in Arlington County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
East Falls Church Station
The United States' involvement in World War II greatly increased the local workforce at the same time that gas rationing curtailed private automobile use. Complaints from local citizens - and orders from the federal government - brought service back in 1943. Eight years later the W&OD made its last passenger run.
Erected by The Washington & Old Dominion Railroad Regional Park - Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Washington and Old Dominion Railroad marker series.
Location. 38° 53.246′ N, 77° 9.763′ W. Marker is in East Falls Church, Virginia, in Arlington County. Marker is on Lee Highway (U.S. 29), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Located along the Washington & Old Dominion Railroad Trail. Marker is in this post office area: Arlington VA 22205, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. East Falls Church (about 500 feet Crossman House (approx. 0.3 miles away); SW No. 9 Mile Marker (approx. 0.4 miles away); Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Columbia Baptist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Jefferson Institute (approx. 0.6 miles away); Star Tavern (approx. 0.6 miles away); Falls Church Home Front (approx. 0.6 miles away).
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 549 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.