Galveston in Galveston County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Eugenia & George Sealy Pavilion
George Sealy was president of the Galveston Wharf Company at the time of his death, and Eugenia was a civic leader in Galveston during the World War II years and took part in her husband's many civic activities. Through his love of flowers Mr. Sealy did much to beautify the City of Galveston and to publicize the city as the "Oleander City." He was among those largely responsible for the beautification of the Broadway and 25th Street esplanades.
Dedicated September 28, 1988.
Janice R. Coggeshall, Mayor
Erected 1988 by City of Galveston.
Location. 29° 18.033′ N, 94° 47.581′ W. Marker is in Galveston, Texas, in Galveston County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Sealy Avenue and 24th Street, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Galveston TX 77550, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Ashton Villa, 1859 (within shouting distance of this marker); The Rosenberg Library (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Open Gates (about 400 feet away but has been reported missing); Original Oleander Planting in Galveston (about 500 feet away); Congregation B'nai Israel Synagogue (about 700 feet away); The Galveston Movement (about 700 feet away); Trinity Protestant Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eaton Memorial Chapel (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Galveston.
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 377 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.