Preston in Webster County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 152-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 3.967′ N, 84° 32.248′ W. Marker is in Preston, Georgia, in Webster County. Marker is at the intersection of Hamilton Street (U.S. 280) and Washington Street, on the left when traveling east on Hamilton Street. Click for map. The marker stands on the lawn of the Webster County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6330 Hamilton Street, Preston GA 31824, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Veterans (a few steps from this marker); Webster County First Confederate Flag Raising in Georgia (within shouting distance of this marker); Walter F. George (within shouting distance of this marker); Archery, Georgia (approx. 6.2 miles away but has been reported missing); Jimmy Carter's Boyhood Farm (approx. 6.7 miles away); Jimmy Carter Slept Here (approx. 6.7 miles away); Always a Reckoning (approx. 6.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Preston.
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 248 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.