Schuylerville in Saratoga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Fort Vrooman 1689
Fort Saratoga 1702
Rebuilt by Philip Livingston 1721
Fort Clinton 1746
Rebuilt and named for Governor
Erected 1927 by New York State.
Location. 43° 5.245′ N, 73° 35.012′ W. Marker is in Schuylerville, New York, in Saratoga County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 4 and Schuyler Street, on the left when traveling south on U.S. 4. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Schuylerville NY 12871, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Burgoyne Surrendered his Sword (within shouting distance of this marker); Sword Surrender Site (within shouting distance of this marker); Dutch Reformed Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Two Brothers Meet Again (approx. half a mile away); Victory Woods (approx. half a mile away); The Loyalists Leave Early (approx. half a mile away); Nov. 28, 1745 (approx. half a mile away); The Schuyler House (approx. 0.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Schuylerville.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 312 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.