Fort Johnson in Montgomery County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
1774 between Fort Johnson and
Johnson Hall. A Bi-Centennial
in 1938 celebrated his
arrival in America.
Erected 1938 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 42° 57.448′ N, 74° 14.358′ W. Marker is in Fort Johnson, New York, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of Fort Johnson Avenue (New York State Route 67) and Prospect Street, on the right when traveling north on Fort Johnson Avenue. Click for map. Marker is just off Route 5 at the intersection of Route 67 and a side street named Prospect Street. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Johnson NY 12070, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Johnson, 1749 (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Putman's Lock Grocery (approx. 0.3 miles away); Guy Park (approx. 1.7 miles away but has been reported missing); Guy Park, 1766 (approx. 1.7 miles away); A Mohawk House Unearthed (approx. 2.5 miles away); East Guard Lock (approx. 2.5 miles away); Original Erie Canal (approx. 2.5 miles away); Site of Old Fort Hunter (approx. 2.5 miles away).
Categories. • Notable Places • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 967 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. 2. submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. 3. submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.