New Paltz in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
built before 1720 are on
Huguenot Street, on the
Walkill River, homes of
refugees from France.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Historic Landmarks marker series.
Location. Marker has been confirmed missing. It was likely located near 41° 45.028′ N, 74° 5.259′ W. Marker was in New Paltz, New York, in Ulster County. Marker was on North Front Street, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker was in this post office area: New Paltz NY 12561, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Die Pfalz (within shouting distance of this marker); New Paltz Patentees (within shouting distance of this marker); Jean Hasbrouck House (within shouting distance of this marker); Walloon Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Deyo House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1799 House (about 300 feet away); Dubois House (about 400 feet away); Bevier House (about 600 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in New Paltz.
More about this marker. This marker is within the Huguenot Street National Historic Landmark Historic District. There is a marker of the same name, but slightly different text, on Main Street.
This marker was reported missing in April 2010. It is possible it was moved to the Broadhead Avenue "Historic Huguenot Street" parking lot.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 947 times since then and 57 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide area picture of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?