Inscription. A French Huguenot Village
By Howard C. Ohlhous, September 17, 2007
|1. Die Pfalz|
governed by "The Dusine",
a body of 12 men chosen
annually. For 100 years the
only form of government.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 41° 45.042′ N, 74° 5.286′ W. Marker is in New Paltz, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is at the intersection of North Front Street and Huguenot Street, in the median on North Front Street. Click for map. The marker is in a small triangular median where North Front and Huguenot Streets meet. Marker is in this post office area: New Paltz NY 12561, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. New Paltz Patentees (a few steps from this marker); Jean Hasbrouck House (a few steps from this marker); Walloon Church (within shouting distance of this marker); New Paltz (within shouting distance of this marker); Deyo House (within shouting distance of this marker); 1799 House (about 300 feet away, in a direct line); Dubois House (about 300 feet away); Bevier House (about 400 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in New Paltz.
Credits. This page originally submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 1,186 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide area picture of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?
|Recommend or Share This Page. |