Eastman in Dodge County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 045-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 12.045′ N, 83° 10.547′ W. Marker is in Eastman, Georgia, in Dodge County. Marker is on Courthouse Circle 0 miles west of Eastman Dublin Highway (Georgia Route 117), in the median. Click for map. The marker stands in front of the Dodge County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5018 Courthouse Circle, Eastman GA 31023, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 17 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Eastman-Bishop-Bullock House (approx. Jefferson Davis (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Blackshear Road (approx. 0.6 miles away); Old Eastman School (approx. 0.7 miles away); Stuckey's (approx. 1.3 miles away); Orphans Cemetery (approx. 2.4 miles away); Normandale (approx. 10.1 miles away); Lucian A. Whipple (approx. 16.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Eastman.
Also see . . . Dodge County. The history of the Georgia Land & Timber Company, owned by the Dodge family, is complex at best, and many long-time residents of Dodge County are still bitter about the company and the Dodge family. The New Georgia Encyclopedia entry on Dodge County touches on the controversy. (Submitted on July 8, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 295 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.