New Paltz in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
patentee, once soldier in
English Army, friend of
Gov. Andros. Kitchen scene
of cock fights.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 41° 45.159′ N, 74° 5.301′ W. Marker is in New Paltz, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is on Huguenot. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Paltz NY 12561, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Freer House (within shouting distance of this marker); Stone Church-1773 (within shouting distance of this marker); Bevier House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dubois House (about 400 feet away); New Paltz (about 500 feet away); Deyo House (about 600 feet away); Jean Hasbrouck House (about 700 feet away); New Paltz Patentees (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in New Paltz.
More about this marker. The Huguenot Street Historic District is located along that street in New Paltz, New York. The seven stone houses and three accompanying structures in the district were built in the late 17th century by Huguenot settlers fleeing religious persecution in France and Belgium.
Also see . . . Historic Huguenot Street. (Submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 806 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.