Brandon in Hillsborough County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Brandon Family Cemetery
In 1874 they moved back to New Hope (Brandon) and established their homestead. John helped start the first school, donated land for a church and the New Hope Cemetery. John Brandon died in 1886 and was buried in this cemetery. The Brandon name is carried on proudly by the descendents of John, many of whom reside locally.
Erected 1990 by the Brandon family.
Location. 27° 56.278′ N, 82° 16.894′ W. Marker is in Brandon, Florida, in Hillsborough County. Marker is on North Pinewood Avenue north of East Brandon Boulevard (Florida Road 60), on the left when traveling north. Click for map. The cemetery sits at the northwest corner of Pinewood Avenue and State Road 60,
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Brandon Homestead (approx. half a mile away); Limona (approx. 2 miles away); Gary (approx. 8.8 miles away); Temple Terraces Country Club Sutton Hall (approx. 9.2 miles away); Il Cimitero Dell’Unione Italiana (approx. 9.4 miles away); Ossuarium Memoriale (approx. 9.4 miles away); Sgt. Nick Matassini (approx. 9.5 miles away); Columbia Restaurant (approx. 9.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Brandon.
More about this marker. The marker is capped with a logo created for the ceremonies marking Brandon's Centennial in 1990.
Regarding Brandon Family Cemetery. The small cemetery contains 75 graves and a Confederate memorial flagpole.
Also see . . . Brandon Family Cemetery pages at hillsboroughcountycemeteries.com. (Submitted on July 10, 2012, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. This page has been viewed 447 times since then and 113 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.