Columbus in Muscogee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Columbus’ First Jewish Cemetery
Erected 1998 by Historic Columbus Foundation, Inc. and the Historic Chattahoochee Commission.
Location. 32° 28.623′ N, 84° 59.076′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Georgia, in Muscogee County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Linwood Boulevard and 7th Avenue. Click for map. The marker is in the western part of Linwood Cemetery. The entrance to the cemetery is on Linwood Boulevard. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus GA 31901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. This Gun (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Confederate Dead Brigadier General Henry Lewis Benning (about 600 feet away); Linwood Cemetery (about 700 feet away); Saint John African Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Colored Department of the City Hospital / Doctors and Nurses (approx. 0.2 miles away); Last Land Battle in War of 1861-65 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Tyler Home (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 206 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.