Bainbridge in Decatur County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Bainbridge Volunteers
The Bainbridge Independents
Organized 1859, by Captain Charles G. Campbell, assembled here in March 1861 and entered service under the command of Captain John W. Evans as Company G, 1st Georgia Regiment
Erected 1936 by Works Progress Administration and the United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy, and the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects marker series.
Location. 30° 54.371′ N, 84° 34.561′ W. Marker is in Bainbridge, Georgia, in Decatur County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of North Broad Street (Business U.S. 27) and West Broughton Street. Click for map. The marker is in the center of Willis Park, at the Confederate Monument. Marker is in this post office area: Bainbridge GA 39817, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. El Camino Real (within shouting distance of this marker); De Soto Trail (within shouting distance of this marker); In Memory of Revolutionary Soldiers (within shouting distance of this marker); Decatur County First Presbyterian Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Camp Recovery (approx. 0.2 miles away); The J.D. Chason Memorial Park / The J.D. Chason Memorial Park History (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Scott Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Bainbridge.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 303 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.