The West Henrietta Village
Chapman Hotel built 1821; second hotel built 1831 known as The Cartwright Inn. Early store built 1831 replaced by Edison block building after fire. West Henrietta Baptist Church built 1838. 1862 District School No. 8, now W. Henrietta Firehouse & U.S. Post Office. Henrietta Grange built 1904, & St. Mark Lutheran Church established 1902. North of crossroad - 1832 Post Cobblestone House and three-story 1830 cobblestone housing blacksmith & carriage manufacturing shops.
Erected 2005 by Town of Henrietta, NY.
Location. 43° 2.431′ N, 77° 39.698′ W. Marker is in Henrietta, New York, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of West Henrietta Road (New York State Route 15) and Erie Station Road, on the left when traveling south on West Henrietta Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Henrietta NY 14467, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. West Henrietta Farm (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); District No. 6
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. This page has been viewed 276 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.