Santa Clara in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Santa Clara Campaign Treaty Site
Erected 1980 by State Department of Parks and Recreation, City of Santa Clara, and Descendants of Californio Participants. (Marker Number 260.)
Location. 37° 21.132′ N, 121° 57.222′ W. Marker is in Santa Clara, California, in Santa Clara County. Marker is at the intersection of El Camino Real and Lincoln Street, on the left when traveling south on El Camino Real. Click for map. Plaque located in Civic Center Park. Marker is in this post office area: Santa Clara CA 95050, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. De Anza Expedition 1775 – 1776 (within shouting distance of this marker); Armistice Oak Tree Site (within shouting distance of this marker); The Battle of Santa Clara (within shouting distance of this marker); Saint Clare Morgan House (about 600 feet away); John Fatjo House (approx. 0.2 miles away); “Cowboy Jim” Donovan (approx. 0.3 miles away); Carmelite Monastery – Bond Ranch (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Santa Clara.
Also see . . . About the Battle and the Treaty of Santa Clara. (Submitted on September 22, 2007.)
Categories. • Military • Notable Events • Peace • War, Mexican-American •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mathew H. Kohnen of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 2,160 times since then and 2 times this year. Last updated on , by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Mathew H. Kohnen of San Jose, California. 2. submitted on . 3, 4. submitted on , by Mathew H. Kohnen of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.