Columbus in Muscogee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Fourth Street Baptist Church
Erected 1995 by Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the Historic Columbus Foundation.
Location. 32° 27.31′ N, 84° 59.365′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Georgia, in Muscogee County. Marker is at the intersection of 5th Street and 3rd Avenue, on the right when traveling east on 5th Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus GA 31901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. “The Folly” (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 to 1902 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mildred L. Terry Branch Library (approx. John McIlhenny Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); William Bartram Trail (approx. ¼ mile away); The Pemberton House (approx. 0.3 miles away); 700 Broadway (approx. 0.4 miles away); Woodruff Farm House and Log Cabin (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Columbus.
Also see . . . Fourth Street Baptist Church website. (Submitted on July 26, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • African Americans • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 273 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.