Caney in Montgomery County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Caney School District No. 34
Organized April 13, 1871
First School Board
Dr. A.M. Taylor, Treasurer
C.H. Smith, Clerk
S.H. Ridgeway, Director
J.W. Hodges, Director
Berryman Smith, Director
Mrs. Omer M. Smith
Miss Billie Smith
Mrs. Adda Barrington
Erected 2001 by Caney Valley Historical Society.
Location. 37° 0.687′ N, 95° 56.302′ W. Marker is in Caney, Kansas, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of 4th Avenue and Wood Street, on the left when traveling west on 4th Avenue. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Caney KS 67333, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Caney Memorial Street (within shouting distance of this marker); Bell's Trading Post and Village Water Well (within shouting distance of this marker); Caney High School Stadium (approx. 0.4 miles away); World War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); George H. Wark 1878 - 1974 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Black Dog Trail Campsite (approx. half a mile away); “Walking Stick” Cannon (approx. half a mile away); Caney War Memorial (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Caney.
Also see . . . Little White Schoolhouse. (Submitted on July 25, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Education • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 256 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.