Caney in Montgomery County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Caney High School Stadium
The United States Government
Works Progress Administration
August 1938 – October 1939
First Night Game September 29, 1939
Caney 39 Altoona 0
Stadium Dedication October 27, 1939
Caney 19 Sedan 0
Total Cost $52,370.64
The Board of Education
A Works Progress Administration Project
Erected by Caney Valley Historical Society and USD 436.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects marker series.
Location. 37° 0.378′ N, 95° 56.133′ W. Marker is in Caney, Kansas, in Montgomery County. Marker is on 9th Avenue west of Main Street, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Caney KS 67333, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Caney Memorial Street (approx. 0.4 miles away); Caney School District No. 34 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Bell's Trading Post and Village Water Well (approx. 0.4 miles away); World War Memorial George H. Wark 1878 - 1974 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Black Dog Trail Campsite (approx. half a mile away); Caney War Memorial (approx. 0.7 miles away); “Walking Stick” Cannon (approx. 0.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Caney.
Also see . . . Caney High School Football Stadium. (Submitted on July 26, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Education • Man-Made Features • Sports •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 303 times since then and 73 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.