Atlantic City in Atlantic County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
New Jersey Korean War Memorial
[Following the title is a list of New Jersey veterans who died in the Korean War. See link below for a list of "those who did not return."]
Marker series. This marker is included in the Medal of Honor Recipients marker series.
Location. 39° 21.367′ N, 74° 25.867′ W. Marker is in Atlantic City, New Jersey, in Atlantic County. Marker is at the intersection of Atlantic City Boardwalk and Park Place on Atlantic City Boardwalk. Click for map. Memorial is located in Brighton Park on the Atlantic City Boardwalk end of the park. Marker is in this post office area: Atlantic City NJ 08401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. They Called It “KY & The Curb” (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pierre Hollingsworth (approx. 0.2 miles away); How Chicken Bone Beach Got Its Name (approx. ¼ mile away); James L. Usry (approx. 0.3 miles away); Jeremiah Leeds (approx. 0.3 miles away); Spanish War Marker (approx. 0.3 miles away); Home of the Miss America Pageant (approx. 0.3 miles away); Camp Boardwalk (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Atlantic City.
Also see . . .
1. The New Jersey Korean War Veterans Memorial Website.
2. Those who did not return.. A list of the honored Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines whose names are engraved on the Memorial.
3. Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient, Hospital Corpsman 3rd Class Edward Clyde Benfold.
4. Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient, Sergeant Nelson V. Brittin.
5. Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient, Private Hector A. Cafferata, Jr.
6. Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient, First Lieutenant Samuel S. Coursen.
Categories. • Military • War, Korean •
Credits. This page originally submitted on February 28, 2008, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 2,633 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on February 28, 2008, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.